I began to assess what I need to get the Brooklyn Dodger flying again. I had stripped the transparent blue MonoKote covering from the fuselage; I'd thought to lighten the stringers by sanding the inside edges.
I had fried an AstroFlight ESC and abandoned the AstroFlight geared, cobalt 15 motor.
Here's what I came up with.
- Repair the fuselage and get it ready for covering with Cover Grip
- Create a new wire landing gear
- Use a Hitec Optima 6 LITE receiver
- Use 3-3/4” Golden Age Williams Bros. wheels -- 1.80 ounces for each wheel.
- Use my ESC, a Castle Thunderbird 54 - fits the maximum draw I intend to use
- Use Ultracote Transparent Blue to cover the fuselage
- Paint the nose with a spray color of Royal Blue
|I flew the Dodger in a SAM LMR event at Eloy AZ in 2013|
Post a Comment